QGIS Conversion Training
If you have any queries about the event or the booking process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop contains the following activities:
- An introduction to the key benefits and reasons for adopting open source GIS software.
- Starting and setting up QGIS, including some key plugins.
- Working with existing data in a range of key formats: csv, shapefile, raster formats, File and Personal Geodatabases, WMS, WFS.
- Creating new datasets using Georeferencing, digitising and selections.
- Analysing data using joins clips and buffers
- Creating PDF maps in the print composer.
- A demonstration of some advanced data visualisation techniques in QGIS (time dependent).
- A Q&A session where you can raise questions about your data and work flows.
As well as the talk and instructor led practical exercises you will also benefit from:
- A bound colour booklet containing step-by-step instructions for all the exercises
- A digital copy of the slides and datasets used during the day
- Access to experts in using QGIS
- A fully catered event in a modern dedicated training facility